Hi! I am no longer writing this blog. My new Finnish blog can be found at WWW.JOSEPHINESUOTMAA.COM, welcome!

Hei! Olen lopettanut bloggaamisen täällä. Uusi blogi löytyy osoitteesta WWW.JOSEPHINESUOTMAA.COM, tervetuloa mukaan seuraamaan!


Wednesday, October 29, 2014

she is clothed in strength and dignity

 photo IMG_9645_zps84b937e3.jpg

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs with no fear of the future" 
- Proverbs 31:25 

I consider myself a strong person. I've been through a lot in life, but I tend to avoid talking about my issues as I hate being weak in front of others, which is why I don't cry often either - especially in public and of sad events. I'm not saying it's a good thing as I tend to burden myself with emotions I don't want to feel and eventually burst, but "strong" is definitely a word I often hear other people use when describing me. 

Dignity is a big word that means a lot to me, as I want to consider myself as a person with dignity. I know my worth and value and refuse to be treated with any less than what it is. I have a lot of pride (maybe even too much), and I respect myself enough to walk away from any situation that no longer grows or serves me in any way.
In that way I feel that this quote of mine, originated from the Bible, describes me perfectly. I wanted to make a modified version of the extract, as I'm not exactly a biblical person. By changing "with" to "in" I feel like the meaning behind the words is a lot stronger - I am dressed in strength and dignity, not just with it. 


I took my time with doing this post, since the tattoo has been really sore due to the sensitive spot in which it is in - first there was a lot of bleeding, then it bruised and now it's finally slowly starting to heal and lose all the scab that it had formed. It's still a little unbalanced in coloring, but it should be good soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment